I don't know about you, but I am always looking for something healthy that I can just reach for without having to spend a lot of time preparing when I need it.
Chia bowls are one of my favorite ideas for this very reason. Whether you have one for breakfast, snack or post workout meal, you can feel good knowing you are getting an excellent source of protein and antioxidants. Not only do they fuel the body, they also leave you feeling satisfied.
Here are simple instructions for how to make them, along with a video I made with my son that I hope you find useful!
- 1/2 cup of almond or almond pecan milk
- 2 Tbsp of Chia seeds (Soak for a few minutes until thick)
- 1 Tbsp of almond butter
- Fruit of your choice
- Nut topping
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 3/4 cups of coconut chips
- Vanilla extract, to taste
- Maple syrup, to taste
- Himalayan salt, to taste
- Combine almonds, pecans and coconut chips on a piece of parchment paper. Roughly chop with a food chopper.
- Place ingredients on a cookie sheet.
- Add vanilla extract, maple syrup, and Himalayan salt to taste.
- Bake at 350, turning every few minutes with a spatula, until nut mixture is almost dry. Remove from oven, and let cool before placing in an airtight container.
These are excellent for taking to work as well! They store perfectly in a mason jar and are easily transportable.