Do you ever struggle at the end of the day while doing your juice fast or cleanse? Here's a healthy tip to help you finish strong.
Over the years I've had friends come to me frustrated that they couldn't seem to complete even one day of juice fasting. I began to ask questions to find out what was going wrong. The common denominator always seemed to be supper time.
As the family was sitting down to a hot meal, the urge to succumb and join them was just too much. Even for a person who lives alone, carryout beaconed and pleaded.
Potassium broth can be warm and comforting any time of the day or night, providing much needed vitamins and minerals while flushing the system and aiding the body's natural detoxification process.
This simple addition to your juice fast or cleanse can mean the difference between success and failure.
What you Will Need
- 1 onion
- 4 large red potatoes
- 1 garlic bulb
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 beet with greens
- 5 carrots
- 1 jalapeno
- 2-3 celery stalks
- Himalayan salt or Bragg's Liquid Aminos
- Fresh black pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- Cold pressed olive oil
1) Cut potato peelings very thick. (I use a knife rather than a peeler)
2) Dice the jalapeno
Jalapeno peppers are wonderful for increasing circulation and helping flush the body of retained water. They also add some nice kick to your broth!
3) Cut up the celery, carrots, beet (w/ greens).
Celery has been called the overall youth maintainer in the body. It is rich in vitamins and minerals while containing a natural sodium that helps balance sugars in the body.
4) Mince the garlic, cut the onion. Take about a tablespoon of cold pressed olive oil and lightly saute the onion and garlic on very low heat. I mince the garlic in a garlic mincer to crush the garlic and bring out the flavor and medicinal benefits.
Garlic contains properties that help fight viruses, bad bacteria and even cancer. If you want to add more than one bulb, the more the better!
When I first started making this broth, it kind of felt like I was drinking 'vegetable water' rather than broth, so I added this step to help bring out the flavor of the garlic and onion some more.
5) Place all of the ingredients into a stainless steel pot, add about a gallon of purified water to the vegetables, making sure they are completely covered with water. Place a lid over the pot and simmer on very low heat for 1-3 hours.
6) Strain the vegetables and sit down to a delicious bowl of hot, mineral rich broth
7) Try my 7 Day Juice Cleanse Plan. It works great with this potassium broth recipe!
Benefits of Potassium Broth
- Adds essential vitamins and minerals
- Alkalizing to the body
- Aids in the body's natural detoxification process
- Hydrates the body
- Boosts the immune system
- Can help regulate blood pressure
- Helps flush the kidneys and rid the body of retained water
Herbalists and naturopathic doctors have been recommending potassium broth for decades. The vitamins, minerals and emotional sense of well being it offers can make it worth the extra effort to make while on a cleanse. This simple broth builds you up and flushes you out on your juice fast!